In a message dated 11/10/2000 7:28:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Is the card failing on boot?

The computer sees the card, but since the boot hard-drive is an IDE drive,
the BIOS on the SCSI card does not turn on.

If not, have you tried using it?

I tried to use xscanimage for the scanner.  I won't swear that it setup
correctly.  However, I used HardDrake, and it sees a SCSI device, but says
scsi0 is a AIC7881U and not the 2940U that is installed.  After checking the
computer from head to foot, I have found only 1 SCSI connector and that is on
the 2940U card that is in the first PCI slot.

The AHA

specifies the driver type as far as I know and not the actual card.  I also
have a 2940U and it was picked up on install and boot.  It works fine.  I
just can't tell where to check the driver settings from.

William Lott
PO Box 1063
Amston, CT 06231-1063
Office: (860) 486-3885