Mark Johnson wrote:
> Is it relatively straight forward to use a removable hard
> drive that is DOS formatted in Linux.  What I have are two
> drives, on with Linux and one with Windows.  When I want to
> use windows I pull out the Linux drive and put in the
> Windows drive.  This makes it easy for me to take my
> windows drive to work to pull crap off of it and etc...
>
> What I would like to do is put in another bay so that while
> in Linux I can get to my windows drive.  But I i'm not sure
> how I would mount the drive or if there would be any
> contention during times when the drive was not in the bay.
>
> Is this making any sense?

Mark....the only problem I see is that of master/slave if you
use IDE drives (a non-problem w/scsi).  The easy way around
that would be to have the second hot swap bay plugged into
the secondary IDE controller so that the Windows drive could
be left set as master when using it in that bay on that
machine.
--
Alan