I'm booting from the CD-ROM to make a first install of 7.2 on a 27.9G IDE
HD with only the existing windows partition.  Everything seems to go fine
until I hit the confirming screen which requires an OK to go ahead with
the partitioning process.  But as soon as this dialog box pops up,
everything freezes up.  I can't even scroll down, cancel, or go back to a
be harmed, as I can reboot to the CD to try again or reboot to the HD and
get W98 back just fine.  Why can't I partition?

(I did scandisk and defrag as recommended.)

Thanks for the help,
Michael