On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Lewis Bishop wrote:
> Someone mentioned to me that unknown hard disk activity could be due to
> locate building it's index? Could this be it? Can anyone clarify?

If you have a cron job that rebuilds the locate database, it DOES take a
long time to run  ;-)

Just make sure it is run at a time when you are seldom at your screen.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, on the banks of the Paraguay River.
--

                      Any sufficiently advanced technology
                      is indistinguishable from magic.

              ---  http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati  ---