Krulo wrote:
> > I had a problem with my Opti soundcard (different model),
> > got round it by installing sndconfig from my 7.1 CD and
> > running it, it's fine now
>
> and where can I get that rpm version? can U tell me what
> version is that and a valid URL to get it please?
>

> thx

Krulo....it's on the 7.2 extensions CD.  If you don't have
the extensions CD it can be downloaded from any mirror that
has the 7.2 tree (in the tree the contents of the extensions
CD are included in the /RPMS/ directory).  You can locate one
near you from this page of  the Linux-Mandrake web site:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ftp.php3

For instance here is one location in Paris France:

ftp://ftp.worldonline.fr/pub/Mandrake/7.2/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/sndconfig-0.55-3mdk.i586.rpm
--
Alan