I feel like I'm flooding everyone's inbox with junk.. I just tried to
install again and noticed that mandrake 7.2 complete doesn't actually give
the choice to do an automatic, custom, or expert install.. I went to look in
the installation and user guide for it and it seems it was written for the
"Power Pack Deluxe" and that some steps for the "Complete" pack may be
different.. I doubt that has anything to do with anything, I think I'm just
running around in circles.. I don't want to manually set the partitions
though. thanks so much again, Ana