Ana Hill wrote:
> hi, I must say, this is a little overwhelming but I fear I
> will get no sleep untill I have this installed and running
> .. hmmm, ok, I have linux mandrake 7.2 kernel version
> 2.2.17, I chose to do an auto install , and I have a 10 GB
> harddrive.  I hope that helps a little
> thanks again,
> ana
[snip]

Ana....it sounds like you've got windows occupying the entire
10gb drive and that the DiskDrake partition resizer can't
resize (make it smaller so there is room on the hard drive to
create some Linux partitions) the windows partition for you.

If that's the case, and you just reinstalled windows anyway,
then reinstall it again, but make the windows partition 5
gigs instad of 10.  Then when you go to install Linux there
will already be 5 gigs of free space where Linux can install
itself.
--
Alan