Tom Brinkman wrote:

> On Saturday 25 November 2000 02:30 pm, KompuKit wrote:
> > to be safe...just buy a EXTERNAL modem...
> > all of them will work.
>
>     this is just plain WRONG nonsense
> --
> Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay

no , this is not nonsense. external modems work quite well
with linux.

i also want to share with everyone a way to make your
printer work. i am using a panasonice laser jet. there
is a driver in 7.2 for it. after installing it my printer
was acting crazy. continually printing pages over and over.
i uninstalled the driver finally , shut down the computer
and rebooted. i also turned off the printer. i started
kde and reinstalled the driver. printer works fine now.

i just love linux :)