Do /etc/rc.d/rc.init/httpd status and it'll tell you if it's running. If
not do /etc/rc.d/rc.init/httpd start to start it. If you haven't
configured Apache yet it might not start so you may have to set some basic
server options like your IP address and document root. This isn't to hard
so go ahead and give it a try. It should be /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf or
something similar as a file name. If you have anything you get stuck on go
ahead and email me directly if you like.

You might try making sure httpd is actually set to start in your init
levels. Look in /etc/rc.d/rc.x (x is your run level) and see if a S##httpd
type file exists. If you aren't familar with editing run levels by hand
you might try ksysv rather than Linuxconf as it is a lil easier to use I
think and gives a good visual heads up of your systems services.

*^*^*^*
Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will shape
you. -- Albert Einstein