Barry Premeaux wrote:

> I have the Epson Stylus Color 850.  I took care of the light print
> quality
> by going to the 'Printer' icon on the desktop.  Click on 'Properties'
> and
> 'Advanced'.  You will find a folder called 'Extra' and a highlighted
> text after 'Quality'.  When you click on the highlighted text, it will
> open up the options.  Mine was originally 180x180.  I went to 720x720.
> This feature is probably available somewhere else in KDE, but I haven't
> found it as yet.

The standard KDE printing dialog is unfortunately made for LPD and it
does not offer any possibility for setting the resolution, because in
LPD there is no possibility to send options for individual printouts. So
the only possibility to set options for an individual printout is to
start xpp or qtcups, change the options and save them. Then the KDE app
would use them.

   Till