On Thursday 30 November 2000 09:40 am, Kelly, Christopher wrote:
> What do you guys think of G-force Video Cards? What do you think the
> best Video card for a Linux box is?

      I don't have one, but I'm prob'ly gonna build a new Tbird-
1000/KT7 box after Christmas, and I haft'a consider a GeForce.  I say
haft'a since altho the Nvidia GeForce cards are the hands down favorite
of the hardware reviewers at present, that's with Winblows.  Nvidia is
continuely working on providing increased functionality for Linux.
There's a large problem tho, they will only release closed source
drivers.
    http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001115080820
      -and-
    http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php3?sid=20001109025852

    I don't play any 3D games in Linux, but I need a good 3d card for
FS2000/Winblows (flight sim).  I'll prob'ly see how well my current
Voodoo3 does with the Tbird, before I give in to the Nvidia/closed
source driver situation.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay