> Technically, WinME is Win98 without any trace of DOS under the
> covers. You
> won't find autoexec.bat. config.sys, or any of those files on a
> system with
> WinME preinstalled.

*Technically*, best I can tell, WinME's relationship to DOS is no different
from Win95 or Win98. Take it from a guy who's wasted a lot more time
exploring those relationships than I want to think about...

Basically Win9x's autoexec.bat/config.sys only affected DOS programs anyway.
MS chose to leave them out in the newest iteration, assuming (fairly
reasonably, actually) that nobody buying a new WinME computer would ever
even think of running a DOS program.

However, the dirty little secret is that if you ever have to boot off of
WinME's rescue floppy, you're right back at the DOS prompt!

BTW, I subscribed to this list under the impression that it was devoted to
an alternative OS... =)

- Av -
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Pinzur;Abraham;P
FN:Abraham P Pinzur
NICKNAME:Av
ORG:Crisp Graphics
TITLE:Web Interface Designer
TEL;WORK;VOICE:615.633.4250
TEL;HOME;VOICE:615.633.4450
ADR;WORK:;;860 Golden Hollow Road;Dixon Springs;Tennessee;37057;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:860 Golden Hollow Road=0D=0ADixon Springs, Tennessee 37057=0D=0AUSA
ADR;HOME:;;920 Honey Prong Road;Hartsville;Tennessee;37074-3002;USA
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:920 Honey Prong Road=0D=0AHartsville, Tennessee 37074-3002=0D=0AUSA
URL:http://www.crispgraphics.com/~newav/
URL:http://www.crispgraphics.com/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20000817T173548Z