It appears, from the article at the following link, that MS-DOS is still
available if you just make a few minor mods to your WinME system. I don't
know for sure if the answer to your particular question is yes or no.

http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/

Dave

At 08:49 PM 12/01/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>Dave DeGear wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Dave Sherman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > > Technically, WinME is Win98 without any trace of DOS under the covers.
> > > You won't find autoexec.bat. config.sys, or any of those files on a
> > > system with WinME preinstalled. An upgraded system may still have
> >
> >   Are you saying that WinMe doesn't have the option to "Reboot to DOS
> prompt"
> > in the Shutdown menu?  I had thought that WinMe was just Win98 with a
> bunch of
> > upgrades included.  I haven't actually seen a copy of it so I was just
> > wondering.  I do know that Win2000 doesn't even include fdisk or the sys
> > commands.
> >
> >                    ...Dave
>
>That settles it, I am never getting winme. EVER!
>
>One small question: Does the msdos.sys file still let you add the logo=0
>and bootgui=0 options?
>
>--
>Goldenpi- programer, unreal level creator, linux user and all round
>geek.
>If you are reading this, I sent this mail from linux.

Dave Sherman
SoftServ Business Systems, Inc.

"Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur."