>> Side note here on PMFIREWALL....
>>
>> I installed it day before yesterday, ran the script.  Was very easy -
mostly
>> I accepted defaults.  Then I ran a scan on my system.  Much to my
surprise,
>> I was wide open on ALL my udp ports... Reran the setup looking for
what may

They may not be open. If you check your messages log you probably have
hundreds of DENY entry. The problem is that UDP packets don't
necessarily get a response, so no response may look open. If the port is
closed then a closed message is sent. If the port is shut down
completely then it's denied and may look open to the scanner.

MB