On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Tom Brinkman wrote:

>   My Olympus 360DL (~$260) works better with Gphoto than it does with
>Winblows and the software it was shipped with ;)
>
>   gphoto | Configure | Select Port - Camera model, and click on the
>drop down menu.  You'll see gobs of supported cameras, and I've never
>heard anyone complain that cameras on this list (and many that aren't)
>don't work well with Linux.

I have not had such luck. My Casio QV5000SX is listed as supported, but no
one ever reported real success with it. I tried 3 different computers, all
the com-ports I could find, in all possible port-speeds. The camera is
found, the number of pictures is reported and then the program times out
on reading the com-port. And I have the latest stable Gphoto, 0.4.3.

I also tried other selections of cameras (QV10, QV70 etc.). No luck.

Ah well, you can't win them all. (But I did write to the developer about
this ;-)

Paul

--
Instant Shaman. Add 1 drum, beat slowly.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
             Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Pine 4.30