On Saturday 02 December 2000 10:14 am, Paul wrote:

> I have not had such luck. My Casio QV5000SX is listed as supported,
> but no one ever reported real success with it. I tried 3 different
> computers, all the com-ports I could find, in all possible
> port-speeds. The camera is found, the number of pictures is reported
> and then the program times out on reading the com-port. And I have
> the latest stable Gphoto, 0.4.3.
> Paul

    Check dmesg to see if the com ports are being setup. I suspect the
problem isn't the camera or gphoto, but the serial ports, and likely
due to misconfigured bios settings.  Note that many motherboards don't
have the ports as com1, 2, but as com2, 3.  eg (from my dmesg):
Serial driver version 4.27 with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ enabled
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
ttyS02 at 0x03e8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
    Also try having the camera connected and on before you start (as
root) gphoto.  The cable that came with my Olympus is a little fussy. I
sometimes have to losen it and retighten it to my mobo's port. I
believe that's the mobo's fault tho, as I have to do the same with my
scanner.
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay