On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Tom Brinkman wrote:

>> [root@internet paul]# setserial /dev/ttyS0
>> /dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4
>> [root@internet paul]# setserial /dev/ttyS1
>> /dev/ttyS1, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x02f8, IRQ: 3
>
>   Well, I'm runnin out'a ideas (betch'a Civileme would be more help).
>Only thing I can think of is to check bios settings and make sure they
>correspond to the adresses/IRQ's. It's gotta be a serial port problem

I will crawl into the realms of the BIOS someday. Another person also
mentioned something like that. I'm curious. Thanks for the help!!

>    That and like most Asian products, the buttons are way too small
>for my fingers, and I haft'a look in the manual all the time to
>remember the sequence for the dozens of functions assigned to each ;)

I know what you mean!!

Paul

--
Instant Shaman. Add 1 drum, beat slowly.

http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208 - Registered Linux User 174403
             Linux Mandrake 7.2 - Pine 4.30