My commiserations Jim, I have the exact same problem on 7.2. I'm using
Gnome, so its nothing to do with KDE. Its confusing to me because I have
all the system sounds, and I can use realplayer just fine - its just the
CD, it won't kill me, but its annoying...

Any wise words out there for us CD-less folks? (That's no seedy-less)
;-)

John