On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Jim Crossley wrote:

> Roger Sherman wrote:
> >
> > Have you taken a look at this:
> >
> > http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/demos/Tutorial/CDburner/
>
> Thanks, Roger, but I don't think I'd be getting as far as I am if the
> cdrom symlink wasn't pointing to scd0.

Oops, sorry :-) Hey, I'm as newbie as they get 'round here...lol

> Like I said before, kscd
> *appears* to be working -- it just doesn't *sound* like it is.  :-)
>
> Actually, I have both /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 linked to /dev/scd0,
> but I don't recall doing that myself.  I only have the one CD-RW drive
> in my box, so I guess Mandrake just linked both the player (cdrom) and
> the writer (cdrom1) to the same device (scd0).  There shouldn't be any
> harm in that, should there?

Hmm...like I said, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but that
just sounds like a bad idea...like a conflict just waiting to happen.

Ah, what do I know? I'm swingin' blind here...LOL...

--

peace,

Rog

http://www.slammingrooves.com