Try the same thing I sent to the list earlier:

"I think I answered this for somebody else yesterday.
do an  ls-l  on your cdrom
you will find that it is a link to some other filename
and the other name does not have the necessary permissions.
whatever name the file points to (-->) do a chmod on that
file (booted as root, of course) to at least 444.
Best of luck.  --doug"