I haven't tried the optical mice on 7.2, but the Intellimouse PRO and other
Wheel mice work fine for me.

-JMS

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Traci
Collins
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2000 4:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] 7.2 stability , mouse issues .

"Jose M. Sanchez" wrote:

> Don't be so quick to blame instabilities on 7.2. I've put it on over 20
> different systems without a hiccup on any of them. All have been running
> without a reboot since installation.
>
> Remember: if it really were as problematic as you say, we would all be
> complaining...

Just for the record, I had a similar problem with the Intellimouse
driver even after re-formating and a fresh start. I have temporarily
reverted back to the basic mouse driver without support for my center
wheel but eventually I would like to get full functionality. I have
one of the Optical Intellimice, I don't know if that has anything to
do with it or not, perhaps the driver hasn't been updated to deal
with them if they are different than the mechanical ones in their
signals. I am also using a Belkin OmniCube 4-Port KVM switch to
controll several computers. My mouse went crazy when i came back to
the Mandrake box, it was clicking everywhere, wouldn't go more than
1/3 of the screen away from the lower left-hand corner and eventually
locked up Gnome and blew it away so that it was no longer available
for any user on my system.

I'm not blaming, I'm very glad for the people who enjoy writing
drivers and provide the breadth of the hardware support we have in
Linux. There does seem to be something new going on with the
Intellimouse driver with 7.2.

Traci

--
Traci Collins, MA, CCAI, CCNA