I have some cheap wheel mouse: Genius Netscroll.  It works perfectly.  First
I selected MS IW in the config (though the last tiime I was looking around,
standard mouse was highlighted), and I put:  exec /usr/bin/imwheel -k   in my
/etc/rc.local file.  Running 7.2 with the 2.2.17 kernel and KDE 2.0.0.  It
even works in Netscape (but I had to do something extra to get that to work.)
-s

--
Registered Linux user:  #197855