On Thursday 21 December 2000 05:33 pm, you wrote:
> Ok, I am soo tired of trying to figure it out myslef its not even funny. So
> I'll ask all the experts on this list.
> My CD-RW worked just fine in LM 7.1 now in 7.2 it won't work. I went to the
> mandrake site and did the link fix thing but it will still just not right.
> I have tried every piece of GUI software I have and all of them puke out
> and do nothing. I am sure its probably just something really simple I just
> don't know what it would be. Still too new at linux to figure it out.
> And it does work in winblows so I know its not the CD-RW
> I don't know what will be needed so here is some random stuff
>
> Cdrecord -scanbus
> Cdrecord 1.9 (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg
> Schilling Linux sg driver version: 2.1.39
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
> scsibus0:
>         0,0,0     0) *
>         0,1,0     1) *
>         0,2,0     2) *
>         0,3,0     3) *
>         0,4,0     4) *
>         0,5,0     5) *
>         0,6,0     6) 'IOMEGA  ' 'ZIP 100 PLUS    ' 'J.66' Removable Disk
>         0,7,0     7) *
> scsibus1:
>         1,0,0   100) 'COMPAQ  ' 'LS-120 VER5   AB' 'F515' Removable Disk
>         1,1,0   101) 'IDE-CD  ' 'R/RW 4x4x24     ' '1.04' Removable CD-ROM
>         1,2,0   102) *
>         1,3,0   103) *
>         1,4,0   104) *
>         1,5,0   105) *
>         1,6,0   106) *
>         1,7,0   107) *

At least you can get scanbus to give you a read out all I get is no such file
try "cdrecord -scanbus" which is what I had just done?  Something is whacked
from my download, I'm sure of it now, cause I can't remember for sure but I
thing the second disk was d/l'd using EI explorer, don't do that, it screws
things up. Need to use netscape if you can.
--
Dennis Myers registered linux user #180842