I have a GeForce2 GTS on 7.2 that works fine unless I want to play any
games!  I've yet to experience any success in getting the 3D drivers
installed.  (agpgart fails, etc).  When I tried to install 7.1, no joy.  It
wouldn't even boot to xwindows, nor SuSe 6.4.  So get 7.2 and hope the kernel
and XFree86 gets updated so we can play games with it.  (Tho many gurus have
gotten their's to work, and you might too.)  There is a site with advise on
getting it to work on 7.1, but I didn't try it.
http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/distros/mandrake/mdk_nvidia.html
-s