Great link.  Thank you for the only one that clearly explains a possible fix
for the agpgart failure part.  I may get brave and try for the 3rd time.  But
I do have another newbie problem I hope you may be so kind as to assist me
with.  The install sets up XFree 3.3.6 and though I have installed the 4.0.1
from the cd in preparation for the NVdriver install, and I know its on here
somewhere, X -version reveals that 3.3.6 is being used.  How do I ensure that
my system uses the 4.0.1 rather than the 3.3.6?  (Do I need to do anything or
will the nvdriver setup fix that?)

-s