Joseph Red wrote:

> If you aren't using one of the serial ports, disable it in BIOS (to free up
> IRQ) & manually set the other one.  Then try it.
>
> Joseph Red
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Joseph. Well, I tried that. First I went to my MB's manual to make sure
which serial port was which. I disabled serial port 2(B in my manual). Then, I
tried these BIOS settings for serial port 1(A):

AUTO       - doesn't work

3f8/irq4   - doesn't work

2f8/irq3   - can't use this, kudzu removes my "generic serial modem"

3e8/irq4   - doesn't work

2f8/irq3   - can't use this, get an i/o conflict during bootup

With the 3 settings above that did let me boot up with no errors, I tried all
of Gphoto's port settings with the same end result. Nada. ;-(

Thanks for your help!

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord