Hi Bascule

> thanks tom,
> yes i have 96mb ram, it's a bit unnerving to know that file sizes can be
lied
> about/misreported like that, is it just /dev/ entries that do this ? i
know
> this has confused me before, i'm a gui person really and i need to know
when
> to trust what konq is telling me!
>
> bascule

It's not so much that it's lying. It seems that under Linux, everything is
mounted as a file system. My USB is mounted this way, and if theis holds
true for memory, then wouldn't it be conceivable that the file would reflect
tyhe size of the memory? If I'm wrong, or oversimplifying (a relative newbie
myself), then please correct/elabarate.

James