Ok, I read al the relevant info provided there but still I'm not a bit
closer to the solution.
The fact ramains (as I state in the remainder of my posting) that no distro
of Linux passes the SCSI config part but NT and FreeBSD do.
Maybe you didn't read the whole messsage?
I know I'm no expert in Linux, that's why I subscribed to this list, but
I've used computers since the TRS-80

Here is the complete message again. Maybe you'd like to comment on the
remaining paragraphs?

Thanks ; )

-------
I remember having read that linux does not support IRQ sharing.
My Adaptec SCSI controller is sharing its interrupt with the system's USB
controller.
Could this be the reason for the install to hang while installing the SCSI
drivers?

Being a little anxious as I am and since bandwith is not a problem at home,
I've already downloaded and tried to install OpenLinux Workstation 6.1, Red
Hat 7, even Corel Linux 1.2! They all froze the machine very shortly after
firing the install. Windows NT has no problems and since I'm already quite
annoyed by this I've even tried (and succeded) installing FreeBSD 4.2.
So far, I've come to the conclusion that the hardware is Ok and the problem
must be Linux related.

Any thoughts?