On Wednesday 10 January 2001 10:17 am, Adrian Smith wrote:
> hi Tom & whomever else is following this....
> ok, this is what i tried this time around.
> rpm --rebuilddb
> rpm -Uvh --allfiles *

      Well, I'm less sure the --allfiles is the ticket.  I know if it
were me, and 401 was workin, I'd risk a --force on the 402's. Depends
on how bad you want 402.  For me it's the first XFree that actually has
3d/accelerated performance for my Voodoo3, but at the same time Knode
freezes, takes X with it.  So I went back to using pan for NG's ;)

   If you do choose to force 402 (rpm -Uvh --force *), be prepared to
have to uninstall them and re-install 401 rpms from the CL (level 3),
if it doesn't work out. So back up your current XF-4 config file.
Maybe you might wait to see if anybody has any GUI suggestions (using
kpackage, Gnorpm, or rpmdrake). I prefer to deal with rpm from the CL,
but I've found sometimes I can get kpackage to do what the CL won't.

    Another suggestion would be to relax and back off for a while.
Sometimes these fences seem to mend themselves.  Busy yourself in the
meantime with the new 1/9/2001 KDE 2 updates ;>
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay