Hey,

  Don't really wanna "horn" in, but I've a simillar situation
with my Diamond Viper 770D (it's got the tnt2 chip).  With
XFree4.01 it's almost dead.  I'd installed the glide module &
some games picked up, but (I suppose those not using glide) are
unchanged.  Switched to the other XFree 3.xx?) with lm7.2, & have
little change.

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux