You need to type ./ before the program name! You must read the following when
ls -l  your_bin_file, for example:

-r-xr-xr-x    1 userowner   group     4024 Jan 12 09:55 your_bin_file

the x flags at left indicate a executable file. If this is a binary file,
already compiled and linked, to execute type from the directory where it's
located:

./your_bin_file

and type ENTER (RETURN), if you don use ./ the system try to find your the
name you type as a binary file in $PATH.

if chmod +x don't work properly, use:

chmod 755 your_bin_file

read the flags as:
7 - permissions for the owner to read, write and execute;
5 - permissions to the group to read and execute;
5 - permissions to all to read and execute.

If I understand your prpblem, it will solve the problem!

Jose