From: Sridhar Dhanapalan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 January 2001 12:29
To: James Hallam
Subject: Re: [newbie] VMware

What kernel version do you have? You should be fine if you are using the
default Kernel 2.2.17mdk or any recent Mandrake kernel below that. You do
not
need to recompile your kernel, since vmware-config.pl creates a module. In
fact, recompiling may make things worse since you will no longer have a
standard kernel. I have installed VMware on Mandrake 7.2 and I constantly
use
it with no problems at all.

Have you installed the "kernel-headers" package? This should have the same
version number as your kernel for it to work.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
        Your mouse has moved. Windows must be rebooted to acknowledge this