Marcia:
When you attempt the installation with rpm, the rpm will tell you that
certain 'dependencies' are not fulfilled. It will tell you which files you
need (by name). You can search your Mandrake CD for them, and if you don't
find them, you can search the web using keywords rpm and <filename.rpm>. I
almost always find the files I need this way.
Best of Luck,
Rich Chase