Dennis Myers wrote:

> The tutorial is still there,
>
> Tom Brinkman wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 16 January 2001 09:23 pm, Vic wrote:
>>
>>> Ok I concede..... how I do to get this dangbusted
>>> stupid cd recorder to work???
>>> Is there a kludge or a hack??
>>> Please just tell me what to type and I will do it.
>>> I am using mandrake 7.0-2
>>

>>     Yes, I'm afraid there is a kludge with 7.0, solved with 7.1 and
>> perfected with 7.2.  there was a fix/tutorial on Mandrakes web page,
>> but it's no longer there.  Best I can remember it had to do with the
>> needed "append=ide-scsi" linked wrong.....
>

> The line would be  :   append="hdx=ide-scsi"   added to the lilo.conf  I
> believe. I will go through my
> notes at home and see if I can confirm the location, unless someone else
> can jump in here and confirm or
> correct.

There I go again, left out the fact that the above hdx should be what
ever your cdrom is shown as in linux
in your case it looks like  hdd. Then from a root console type  "lilo"
without the quotes. This should get the
link available so that when you do the  scsi link to cdrom in the
tutorial things will connect, we hope.

--
Dennis Myers Registered Linux user #180843