On Wednesday 17 January 2001 08:20 am, Dennis Myers wrote:

> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 January 2001 09:23 pm, Vic wrote:
> >> Ok I concede..... how I do to get this dangbusted
> >> stupid cd recorder to work???
> >> Is there a kludge or a hack??
> >> Please just tell me what to type and I will do it.
> >> I am using mandrake 7.0-2
> >
> >     Yes, I'm afraid there is a kludge with 7.0, solved with 7.1 and
> > perfected with 7.2.  there was a fix/tutorial on Mandrakes web
> > page, but it's no longer there.  Best I can remember it had to do
> > with the needed "append=ide-scsi" linked wrong.....
>
> The line would be  :   append="hdx=ide-scsi"   added to the lilo.conf
>  I believe. I will go through my
> notes at home and see if I can confirm the location, unless someone
> else can jump in here and confirm or
> correct.

    Correct, but there was an additional problem with 7.0.  IIRC, even
tho the ide-scsi line was properly implemented, the hd* or the /cdrom2
was improperly, or not even linked to /dev/scd0. Again, IIRC, the fix
was to delete the offending link and then to create a new correct link.
The tutorial use to reflect this, but since 7.0 is getting almost
ancient, the tutorial no longer reflects the needed link fix for 7.0.
It's got to be in the ML archives somewhere.  If I'm the only one that
remembers it this way, I'll try to hunt up the fix, but I can't get to
it right now.  'Course a sure fix would be to upgrade to 7.2 ;)
--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay