On Wednesday 17 January 2001 03:37 pm, DJW wrote:
> Stupid question time:
> I have a Memorex 1622 CDR that is working just fine in Linux
> (Mandrake 7.2). The problem is, I can only write to it as the root
> (superuser). When I have a regular cd in it (already written), the
> permissions read wide open all the way across, but if I put a blank
> in the permissions change and the write permission is only enabled in
> root.  If I log in as non root and try to write, (xtoaster), the
> program comes back with a permission denied message.

   I know you can find out how to enable a user to burn by searching
the mailing list archives.  It's been discussed several times.  I
believe the solution is to add the user to the 'cdwriter' group with
all members of that group havin permission to burn.

--
Tom Brinkman       [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Galveston Bay