On Monday 30 April 2001 07:59, John W wrote:
>  What do I have to do to gain access to the CD-R drive to play cd's on
> Mandrake 8.0. I have added myself to the cd and cd writer group with
> userdrake but still no go! I have tried using the tutorial at the LM site
> for 7.2 but nothing seems to work!
>  Any help, Thanks,
> John W
Does it play and no sound comes out , or does it tell you you arent allowed
to use it.
in the first case u need an analogue sound lead in your soundcard from the
cd.(does it work in windope?)
in the second, check that the actually device file /dev/cdrom or dev/cdrom2
or so has the right permissiond ( the /dev/<whatever your writer is> will
point to a scsi emulated device someting like /dev/scd0 as linux only
understands scsi burners)
good luck