On Thursday 18 January 2001 07:02, regarding [newbie] KDE2 PROBLEM, you said:
>  Hello,installed the KDE2 rpms and all went well.I did a "rpm -Uvf *.rpm
> --test" and it came back with no failed dependencies.I then installed from
> text console outside of x.I then did a "rpm --rebuilddb" followed by
> "update-menus -v" Once I went to log in I found a whole bunch of system
> users,no biggie,but I now only have KDE, default, and failsafe, all other
> window managers are gone. I have seen that this seems to be common, anyone
> have a fix for the bug? Should I report it and to who? Thanks for your
> time.

Dale:
I have the same problem; all my users except me, root and user2 are penguins
with program names...when I boot to KDE I get icewm, when I do default it is
enlightenment and I assume that failsafe is a command line. I can only get
this when i type init 5 instead of startx(which produces enlightenment).
I miss my old KDE!
--
~enjoy!~
-michael-