Dave! If you install Linux on C:\ and Windows 98 is on it, you'll lose
Windows98 ! If Linux re-writes your MBR (Master Boot record), there's an
excellent chance you'll lose the partition info for all the other partitions.
I think you need to exercise caution here. Are you trying to wipe out Windows
in the process?? make sure you back up everything on ALL partitions!

dan laBine