On Tuesday 23 January 2001 03:05 am, you wrote:
> I did 'create cd from CD image'.  Explorer shows lists of
> directories/files. The CD-RW does boot.
> I assume Mandrake can read the CD-RW or I would get a different error.
> I don't know what test is failing....
> I downloaded an iso file from a different site and the same thing happened.
> How can I check that the CD-RW was written properly???
>
> Thanks for any help

Pardon me for jumping in here, but did you try the install from the CDRW
device or from a plain CDROM device.  CDROM devices are sometimes finiky
about what they are reading. I had problems with one of my installs until I
got the boxed set, pressed from the factory. Then the installation went fine,
I did not have a CDRW on that computer, otherwise it might have worked. So,
If you can run the install from the CDRW and it still won't find the image,
it would seem that even though checksums are right, the image is not.????