Dear All:

Newbie with a capital "N" here. I just installed Linux for the first
time a couple of days ago. So far everything appears to this
uninitiated person to be OK (e.g. connecting to the Internet), but I
can't for the life of me get the sound card to work. Or, I should say
that I can get the system bell to work using the "Test" button in the
Control Center, however I can't for example get the CD Player to
produce any sound. I have a Quantex TS30H1 laptop with A PII 266 CPU,
80MB RAM and a NeoMagic 128XD video card. Problem is I can't even see
what kind of sound card I have as HardDarke doesn't see it.
Unfortunately Qunatex is of no help as they went down in flames last
year. None of the doumentation for the laptop says anything beyond
"16-bit wavetable sound." Any ideas or advice as to how to troubleshoot
this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
rob