On Sunday 28 January 2001 06:03 pm, Romanator wrote:
> Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > nt-1.19-1mdk.src.rpm   (<-- I always build src rpms from /contrib)
> > Size        : 1063733                          License: Free to
> > redistribute and to modify
> > URL         : http://www.krasu.ru/soft/chuchelo
> > Summary     : Web Downloader for X
> > Description :  This is a powerful network utility which can to
> > download and resume anything on ftp or www.

> Is there an rpm named: nt-1.19-mdk.rpm?

   Yes

>Or, do I always have to build> this src rpm?

    No you can use the 'regular' rpm.  It's just that over time I've
graviated to 'rpm --rebuild <src.rpm>'.  These Mandrake /contribs are
apps that other people uploaded and there's no tellin what they built 'em
on.  Some are even uploaded by contributers runnin incompatible
libs/gcc/hardware/etc.  There's rarely been a problem, but I always
rebuild 'em anyhow if a .src.rpm is available. Same is true for cooker
rpms, those for another distro, 'generics' from an apps website, and so
on.  Plus, when I rebuild 'em, I get a custom i686.rpm just for my
hardware.  At least I like to believe so ;>
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Galveston Bay