On Sunday 28 January 2001 06:06 pm, Vic wrote:
> Well with your 'German stubbornness' and my 'British hardheadedness'
> hopefully we can kick its butt and find out whats acutally
> causing it, what do you know about the knotifv file that
> could cause it to crash, I mean I can snoop inside the file and
> see if I can make any sense of what is inside.

   Actually the problem is .... I dunno!  I first renamed the excutable,
then later realized all I need to do was deprive it of it's library. Damn
thing was putting up Dr.Konqi at increasingly irritating intervals.  I
don't know how far you intend to snoop, ie, hex editor inspection. I can
tell ya tho that if all is well system wise... you won't get those
knotify errors.  Bet'ya your apps are takin forever to start too, huh?

   I had a 7.2 system that began with beta 3 d/l. I had upgraded XFree-4
a coupl'a times, KDE2 dozen times or more, libs and gcc (egcs) also a few
times, and tried several 2.4 kernels. I knew I was skating on thin ice,
but it ran like a top til 20010109. So when the KDE2beta2 (20010122)
update didn't fix things, I re-installed 7.2, and then went straight to
KDE2b2, then a 2.4 kernel.  This time I'm leavin off an update to XF-402.
That's when my irregularities began before.
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]        Galveston Bay