Title: RE: [newbie] Goodbye

What were you installing with? Your own d/l'd and burned CD's or a store bought set? I had similar problems with installs until I bought the boxed set Power Pack Deluxe and then all was well. The CD's I burned myself were not being read properly by my CDROM .

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of GECOS
Sent:   Monday, January 29, 2001 9:20 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        [newbie] Goodbye

Hello All,
Saturday evening my HDD failed, installed a new one today with mixed
feelings about Mandrake, on the failed HDD I had 6 failed installs
before everything went well, this time I gave up after **8** failed
installs, different error everytime, I was very disappointed, but
decided to look elsewhere, SuSE 6.3 first time right (5+GB)
Corel Linux v2 from my daughter again first time installed without any
problems.
So I'm joining SuSE now.
Cheers,
Herman