Gnapster Links for RPMs:
Source:

ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/contrib/SRPMS/gnapster-1.4.2-1mdk.src.rpm

Bin:

ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/contrib/RPMS/gnapster-1.4.2-1mdk.i586.rpm

Seve

On 1/29/01, 7:02:52 PM, Sridhar Dhanapalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: [newbie] gnapster:

> The simplest way to install a tarball is as follows:

> 1. Unpack the file with "tar -zxvf filename.tar.gz" (assuming it is in
the
> .tar.gz format).

> 2. Go into the extracted directory and read the documentation (usually
called
> something like README, INSTALL, etc.).

> 3. The documentation should tell you what to do to install the app. Make
sure
> you have the required libraries installed (this includes -devel libraries
too)

> 4. You will need to install as root, unless you use the "--prefix="
option
> with "./configure" (do a "./configure --help" for details).

> 5. Run "./configure", then (assuming all goes well) "make", then "make
> install".

> 6. Type "gnapster" to see if it worked.

> Far better tutorials (this was a really crude crash course) can be found
at
> mandrakeuser.org and linuxnewbie.org.

> However, there are several alternatives to installing from a tarball:

> 1. Wait for an RPM (which could take forever).

> 2. Install Ximian (formerly Helix) GNOME, which always includes the
latest
> version of Gnapster.

> 3. Go to rpmfind.net and find the Ximian/Helix RPM (or maybe Red Hat if
it is
> available). I'm not sure if this will work without the rest of Ximian
GNOME,