> I checked the mandrake site for MB compatibility but couldn't find any
> information.  I was planning on getting an Asus ATX Super7 5/2 [P5A] does
> anyone anticipate problems.  I had a gigabyte board and linux refused to
> install with the CDROM I got for it.  It installed fine when I tried the
> same CDROM on my dell PC so I just assume the gigabyte board was the
> problem....
>
> Does anyone think I'll have problems with this Asus board?

Mark,

I've been running a P5A-B with K6-3 400 for over a year with no problems
tracable to the board.  Caldera eDesktop had some weird stuff
with the sound and some other, but SuSE 6.4 & 7.0, and Mandrake
7.0 and 7.1 all ran without a hitch.  I've had two CD RW/RW drives
in it, an HP which died and now a Zip650 which installed seamlessly.
The ASUS Socket 7 boards seem to have gotten a bit lower on prices
since the Socket A's came out.

Good Luck, it's as solid and compatable as they come.

Bob