Last week I had help installing Mandrake 7.2 to replace an old 6.1 set up
with Samba support as Linux machine and file server...

However, a few days later, the machine crashed, I had to reboot and Mandrake
could not find it's etc directory... I assumed that the disk was messed up
and reinstalled Linux, however this week I had to power down and when I
restarted, I got the same symptoms, despite a proper powerdown... So I am
beginning to assume that Lilo has not managed to find the right parameters
to boot the machine. I tried an "upgrade" but that seems to keep getting
stuck and does't get me anywhere...

I had made a boot floppy this time (last time Mandrake just shot past the
option without even letting me make one) but it would appear to be
corrupt... (shouldn't Mandrake at least check :-(

So anyway, what do I do?

Rgds

Martin

Martin Cleaver              MCTranslations/Spot Software
phone: +31 20 6162224              fax: +31 20 884 1230
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.cleaver.nl                             www.spotsoftware.nl