From: Franki [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 1:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] What would be an ideal (but reasonable) LM7.2
desktop platform

I have 7.2 running on a Celeron 300A overclocked to 450 (linux has run for 4
months straight without a problem, it has heaps off cooling fans,, :-)

The system has 128mb of ram,, and runs fantastic. (I have used hdparm to use
the udma features and it made a huge difference.)  I get a message at boot,
that I am getting 897.84 Bogomips... (the mothboard is a BX) I have noticed
that except for some really expensive hight end Intel Chipsets,, the BX is
still the fastest chipset for general PC use,, (particularly when running at
133mhz bus) It kills most equiv Sys and Via boards for speed in all except
AGP (2 times only, not 4x) and UDMA,, bx is only UDMA 33.. although the
later can be fixed with a new PCI controller card..

What are your P400 systems specs?

That machine is about to start a new life as a web server.