From: Sridhar Dhanapalan
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2001 2:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Digital Wokan; Shane Roppel
Subject: Re: [newbie] Shaw @home Cable Modem Setup

I have posted detailed instructions about connecting to @home some
months back. You should be able to find them by looking through the
list archives at http://www.linux-mandrake.com. I have not had any
problems connecting to @home in at least 4 months (i.e. since
implementing the system I described in the list archives), so my
method appears to work well.

On Sun,  4 Mar 2001 13:03, Digital Wokan wrote:
> I have yet to get DHCP to work as a client to @home.  I've had to
> stick with plugging in my static IP address for over a year now.
>
> Shane Roppel wrote:
> > First things first, hello all!
> >
> > Ok here's my problem I cannot seem to connect to the dhcp server
> > through my linux box. I am fairly proficient with windows <And
> > think it sucks>, and I've tried almost every combination of
> > network settings I can think of! plus I've tried some suggestions
> > mentioned in this forum. Nothing has worked. I'm new to linux so
> > please, could someone spell it out for me?
> >
> > THANKS SO MUCH!

Sridhar Dhanapalan.
-- Jeremy S. Anderson