Robert,

Unless you REALLY want to use Sendmail, you will have to uninstall
postfix first. then you will have to reinstall all the sendmail packages
that are on your install CD's. If you don't want to go to all that
trouble though you can just as easily use Pine and Postfix.

To check your system for postfix, or for that matter Sendmail or any
other package just use this on the command line to search the system for
the packages that are loaded.

        rpm -qa | grep <packagename>

Example: "to check for sendmail"

        rpm -qa | grep Sendmail <ENTER>

On my system the command returns this to the screen:

        [root@mdw1982 office]# rpm -qa | grep sendmail
        sendmail-8.9.3-20

Give it a try and let us know what you get.

Other then that all that is necessary for you to utilize the already
installed SMTP on your system is to leave that part "undefined" in the
Pine preferences and it will use Postfix/Sendmail by default. Which ever
is intalled on your system.

Mark